Thamanyah By Ahmed Abdelrahman
‘Thamanyah‘ means eight in arabic.
8 was created in 2011 by Ahmed Abdelrahman (United Arab Emirates). The fashion designer was inspired by the eight-pointed star and his 8 brothers and sisters.
Eight questions for Thamanyah
- What was the inspiration behind your Fall 2015 collection?
- Who inspires you today?
- You presented your collection in the Marlene Dietrich suite at Hotel Lancaster in Paris. Why did you choose that suite?
- For whom are you designing?
- You once said to Business of Fashion that, “Nature seems to be an eternal source of inspiration.” Please elaborate.
- Have you ever regretted something?
- What’s the story behind your friendship with Rick Owens’ partner, Michele Lamy?
- So, what’s next?